Swap your home 

Most tenants can swap homes with another council or housing association tenant, using a scheme called ‘mutual exchange’.  You will need to find somebody to swap with there are various websites and facebook pages to help you with this, here is a link to one such website http://swaphouse.co.uk/

The exchange must be approved by both landlords before it can go ahead, but we cannot unreasonably deny the request. There are some types of housing that aren’t eligible for a swap; if this includes your home, we will let you know.

To register for a mutual exchange and find out about available homes to swap, please visit Home Link.  You can also contact us on 01284 767224. 

When you apply for an exchange, we will send you a form which you should fill out and return to us.

Before you can complete an exchange, you and your ‘swap partner(s)’ need to meet certain conditions. For example:

Website by Affinity