Sheltered Housing Information
Suffolk Housing provides homes specifically for people older people. This is in the form of Sheltered Housing.
Sheltered housing is a very important part of our business as it underpins our values of providing people who need affordable housing and meets the aspirations of a balanced community.
We now have ten sheltered housing schemes throughout Norfolk and Suffolk.
- Field View A picturesque scheme with a selection of one and two bedroom bungalows and flats. The scheme is situated next to the vibrant Community Centre and Thurston village has a Post Office with shop, garage, butchers and hairdressers, also an award winning pub. There are superb bus and rail links to Bury ST Edmunds and Stowmarket. There are doctor surgeries in neighbouring villages or Bury St Edmunds, although Thurston does have a Pharmacy.
- Parkway House A scheme with one and two bedroom flats situated a short walk to the town centre of Bury ST Edmunds. Very close by to the scheme is Wilkinson’s shop selling a wide range of groceries for convenient shopping, as is the bus terminal , with the train station a bit beyond that. There is a choice of surgeries in Bury ST Edmunds.
- St Mary’s Close A Scheme with one and two bedroom flats located in a beautiful setting beside the river. The Scheme is only a two minute walk away from the town and with Sainsburys even closer, ideal for daily shopping. The bus terminal is very handy and just over the road to Sainsburys. There is a choice of surgeries in Mildenhall.
- Fornham House A scheme of one and two bedroom flats located to the northern part of Ipswich. There is a bus stop near by to get you into the town centre or out to the hospital which is only a short distance away. There is a very convenient corner shop just a few metres away. There is choice of doctor surgeries within the area.
- Trafalgar House A vibrant scheme with studio and one bedroom flats. The scheme is very self contained with its own shop run by residents, there is a very active social club organising many events throughout the year. The Scheme itself is sited not far from the town centre but with bus stops directly outside the scheme a short ride into town or to the hospital. There is a choice of doctor surgeries within the area. A short walk away is a convenient Co-op, pub and takeaway.
- Charles Jewson Court A scheme containing One bedroomed flats and sited on the outskirts of Norwich heading out towards the airport. It is conveniently situated for nearby local shops including a Tesco, also the Library, Church and Community Centre is immediately beside the Scheme. There is a doctors surgery very close to the scheme. Bus stops are sited just outside the scheme boundary, buses run regularly to take you into the famous city of Norwich.
- Apple Tree Close A scheme of one and two bedroomed flats and bungalows. Situated in South Lowestoft and not far from the award winning beach, a short walk to the bus stop to get you into the town itself, although there is a local Post Office and corner shop a five minute walk away. There is a choice of doctors surgeries in South Lowestoft.
- The Venlaw A scheme of one bedroomed flats. Situated in South Lowestoft and not far from the award winning beach, bus stops are very close by to take you into the town. The Scheme itself is right next to a busy Church. There is a choice of surgeries in South Lowestoft.