Our sheltered housing service aims to provide older people with high quality accommodation to meet a wide range of needs, whilst promoting independent living and signposting to support services.
Our sheltered schemes can offer the following benefits:
- A wide variety of locations and properties including flats and bungalows
- 24 hour emergency alarm that allows residents to contact a Control Centre (or the scheme manager when on duty) in an emergency situation.
- A part-time scheme manager who is available to provide a housing management service plus advice and help to access specialist services if required.
- A friendly, welcoming community of vibrant and diverse people.
- Communal facilities where there are a variety of activities.
- Guest room facilities for when you need family/friends to provide you with extra support when the need arises.
To access our sheltered housing, you have to be a minimum of 60 years old, and be registered with the Choice Based Lettings (CBL) Scheme operated by the local council. The CBL aims to give housing applicants more choice and control over where they want to live, and will assess eligibility for sheltered housing. Once you are registered you will be told what kind of property you are able to bid on. Available properties are advertised and applicants may make bids for specific properties. The CBL uses housing needs as the basis for allocating homes.
Gateway to Homechoice is the Choice Based Lettings (CBL) Scheme for Babergh, Ipswich, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk Coastal and Waveney.
Home-Link is the choice based lettings scheme for Cambridgeshire and West Suffolk
Norwich Home Options is the CBL scheme for Norwich.
In the first instance please contact the housing department of your local council to get registered.