How we can help
If you complain about anti-social behaviour and have already tried talking to the person causing nuisance, we will:
- Always listen and try to find the best course of action
- Encourage mediation – this is where an independent advisor helps you to find a solution with your neighbour
- Advise you of what action we are taking and what you need to do to assist us.
The action we take will vary depending on the seriousness of the problem.
In more serious cases we may take legal action. This could result in an injunction which could put certain conditions on the tenancy of the person causing the nuisance or ultimately, lead to them being evicted. If we do this, we will need your co-operation in providing evidence so we can act.
While we try to help with anti-social behaviour, we will not:
- Get involved in anonymous complaints
- Get involved in personal arguments
- Take possession action through the courts unless we have solid proof of nuisance or anti-social behaviour, including up to date detailed diary sheets
- Move you to alternative accommodation to resolve a complaint, unless the circumstances are exceptional.
We have signed up to the national Respect Standard for Housing Management. This means that we’re committed to making sure that our tenants are involved in decisions that affect the area they live in, will look at prevention work rather than cure and will take the most appropriate action as quickly as possible.
For more information on how we tackle neighbour nuisance and anti-social behaviour, please download our ASB policy summary.